Best remote start systems
I like winter just any other person, but when it comes to getting up and going to work in a freezing car…not so much. That is one of the things I hate the most. Lucky for me, I found the perfect solution for that. I bought one of the best remote start systems I could afford, and my behind was warm and cozy from that point on. Now, I just push a button 20 minutes before I get into the car in the morning, and the problem is solved.
What is a remote start system and how does it work?
I do not want to get too technical so that everyone can understand. We are not all tech savvy here, which is why the simplest explanation is the best. So, a remote start system is a device that you install in your car so that you do not have to start it yourself when you get in it. There is no need to put the key in the ignition and turn it. You can do it from the inside of your house. Remotely.
To understand how it works, you need to know how the ignition works. I am going to keep it simple here as well. The ignition system of your car is basically a circuit. When you turn the key into the ignition, you complete the circuit. Think of it as a light switch. The analogy is not entirely technically correct, but it is helpful for anyone who has no experience in the matter. So, when the key is turned, to complete the circuit ad the engine will start.
A remote start system, on the other hand, already has a complete circuit. You might say that this device bypasses the key ignition and starts the engine whenever you operate the remote. It is as simple as that. I think that my explanation was reasonably straightforward.
What are the benefits of a remote start system?
While most people buy a remote start system to get their cars warm before they step inside, there are other benefits that I think you will find useful. Here are a few of my favorite:
- You can use it to defrost your car – instead of going outside and take the snow off your car, you can start the engine and leave it to do the work for you. Furthermore, depending on the weather conditions, there may be some ice under all that snow, and we all know what that means. You need to freeze your hands scraping it. Of course, you can use a defrost solution these days, but that is not any warmer. You still need to get outside and do it. A remote start system, however, will do that all on its own.
- It works in hot summer days as well – in the summer, when the temperature in the car reaches scorching levels, a remote start system comes in handy. It works on the same principle as when it is cold. You just turn up the AC.
- You can easily locate your car in the parking lot – it happens to all of us. You find an empty parking lot, you park your car, and when you come back, the lot is full, and you cannot find your vehicle. If the car beep when you unlock it, you may still have a chance, but not all do. That is why a remote start system comes in handy. I am sure you can hear the engine.
- It is compatible with most engine ignition systems – it does not really matter which engine ignition system is better, but a remote start system is compatible with most of them. Of course, you need to check the compatibility before you buy one, but that is easy.
- Some models have built-in alarm systems – not all models you will see come with such a feature, but if you do not have one installed on your car and you need it, you can kill two birds with the same stone.
- It makes your life easier – let’s face it, a remote start system has the ability to improve your quality of life. Whether it is cold or hot, you want to find your car in a vast parking lot, or you want to impress your friends, a remote start system will work its charms and add something useful to your life.
What do you need to know before buying a remote start system
As you will probably notice, there are a lot of models online. Whether you buy a cheap or an expensive unit, or if you decide to get one new or second-hand, the only thing that matters is quality. The features are also something you must be interested in, which is why I made a list of things you need to consider before you make a purchase.
- Range – since not all of us live in a house with a driveway, you need to make sure that the remote start system you buy has a wide enough range so that you can operate it from your house/apartment. The ranges can vary, but my advice is to never go for a unit that has a range less than 1000 feet. Your driveway or garage may 15 feet away from your kitchen, but when you go out, for example, and the car is further away from the place you are, you need a more extended range. Thankfully, the models you find online can provide that range and even more.
- Ease of installation – while you cannot install the remote start system yourself unless you are a mechanic or a very handy person when it comes to things like this, the unit must enjoy some ease of installation. For one, when you go to a mechanic, the longer he will stay to install your device, the more you have to pay. Plus, complex units take more money to install as well. That is why my advice is that you should go for a simple but efficient remote start system.
- Additional features – apart from starting your car remotely, the remote start system can have other features as well. It depends on what you are going for. Some models also provide a security alarm or GPS tracking. Others come with temperature control, window defrost, and lights. My point is that if you are searching for a particular extra feature, chances are you are going to find it. However, do not forget that this is a simple remote start system, not a valet. It is still pretty limited.
What are the best remote start systems?
While searching for the best remote start system, you will come across a lot of products. To make sure that you buy the right one, consider the things I wrote about above and take it from there. At the same time, it may help to read some remote start systems reviews online. That way you can check out what others bought and their opinion of it. If none of that is for you, you can just buy one of the products below. I am sure you will be satisfied no matter which one you go for.
Compustar CS-800-S One-Way Remote Start
The model from Compustar is one of the cheapest remote start systems. Even so, its potency is not to be questioned since it an excellent product that I am sure you will end up loving. Especially in those freezing cold mornings where your car is nothing but a block of ice. It has an incredible range of 1000 feet that is powered by amplitude modulation. All your commands will reach the device as long as you are in that range.
The remote start function is very easy to use. All you have to do is push and hold the key button for two seconds, and your car’s engine will start. You can also use the keyless entry function. It will remotely lock and lock your car’s doors from a more extended distance than your key can.
Another feature that you may like is the trunk release, which will pop your trunk or activates the power liftgate. You can install it even on a diesel engine, and it is DroneMobile Ready. You can pair the system with a DR-3400 to add smartphone control and GPS tracking. The bypass module is sold separately, but those depend on your specific vehicle, so you can buy the one that is compatible with your car. the package contains 2 remotes just in case you lose one.
Directed Electronics Avital Remote Start System
Just like the previous product, this unit requires a bypass module for installation since it does not include one. As you may know, each car requires its own bypass system, which is you need to purchase one separately. Other than that, you have all the features you need to improve the quality of life as a car owner.
The remote start system from Directed Electronics includes 2 remote transmitters that you can use from a very long distance.the panic mode will sound the alarm, which is optional, and flash your parking lights. The system also has a valet mode that will not arm the security system with the remote, and the valet take-over will allow the vehicle to stay running even after the key has been removed from the car.
As you can imagine the Directed Electronics remote start system requires professional installation, but the process itself is not complicated, which means that you will not be charged much for it. The device provides keyless entry, the remote has 4 buttons, and the system is D2D compatible. I think you will enjoy it very much.
Viper 4105V 1-Way Remote System
Last but not least, the Viper remote start system is yet another product that you may be interested in. I suppose you have heard about Viper before. It is a company that manufactures a vast variety of car-related systems. The most commonly used are the car alarms. This particular product is an excellent remote start system that gives you some control over your car from a distance of up to 1500 feet, which is quite impressive given the rest of the products.
This system provides remote start and keyless entry for fuel-injected engines, diesel, and even hybrid vehicles with automatic transmissions only. You get two remotes, and each of them has 4 buttons. A handy feature is the car finder functions which will slowly flash the lights five times so that you can see it.
The system from Viper also has a panic mode. However, the horn circuit needs to be connected for it to work. The remotes are clone-safe for more security. One of the best things about this model is that it includes two auxiliary channels so that you can add more functions. Not you personally, but someone who does that for a living will know how to programme the system for additional features.
I am confident that all three products will do an excellent job, and no matter which one you go for, you will be happy with it. However, if I were to choose, I would go with the Viper 4105V 1-Way Remote System. It has a long-distance control, and the fact that you can add whatever functions you want makes me believe that this is one of the best remote start systems in this price range. I am sure you will like it as well.
Remote start systems, while not new, are something that we have been waiting for a long time. No more frozen cars in the morning, and no more fluffy gloves on the steering wheel. You can warm your car, cool it, leave it running, or whatever else you can. And all that is possible with a small remote and 4 buttons. You have to love technology. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Magical Solutions to Auto Remote Start Identified
- The Birth of Car Starter Cost
- Top Remote Starter Installation near Me Secrets
- The Remote Start Car Game
- The Advantages of Viper Alarm System
- The One Thing to Do for Viper Smart Start
- The Remote Starter Cost Stories
- The 5-Minute Rule for Automatic Starter
- What You Don’t Know About Aftermarket Remote Start Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- The True Meaning of Best Remote Start
- The Hidden Facts on Car Security System
- The Inexplicable Puzzle Into Remote Car Starter Installation Cost
- An Actionable Plan on Remote Car Starter Installation in Simple Step by Step Order
- Car Remote Tips & Guide
- A Neutral Perspective on Electric Car Starter
- The Ultimate Solution for Remote Car Starter Cost
- Auto Car Starter: No Longer a Mystery
- Remote Start System for Dummies
- The Benefits of Best Remote Car Starter
- The Keyless Entry Car Game
- A History of Remote Start for Car Refuted
- Viper Car Alarm – What Is It?
- The Most Popular Remote Car
- Remote Start Installation Secrets
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Remote Start Kit
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Car Alarm System Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- New Ideas Into Car Starter Never Before Revealed
- Car Remote Starter Exposed
- Detailed Notes on Viper Alarm in Step by Step Order
- What You Have to Know About Car Alarm
- A Startling Fact about Remote Start Uncovered
- The Benefits of Remote Car Starters
- The Tried and True Method for Viper Remote Start in Step by Step Detail
- The Hidden Gem of Automatic Car Starter
- Remote Car Starter: No Longer a Mystery